|Titre du Poste
||General Accounts Manager ---FIN-GAM-0309is
||Management/Gestion, Finance, Comptabilité et Commerce
|Date de publication du poste
||9 Mars 2009
|Date limite de réception de dossier
||31 Mars 2009
|Non Governmental Organization is looking for a General Accounts Manager dynamic, engaged, professional and organized for its office based in Port-au-Prince.
1. Administer and supervise disbursement and cash management functions including record keeping, payments, collections, and preparation of payroll, tax remittance, invoicing and posting entries to the data base.
2. Ascertain compliance with financial policies and procedures of the Organization and rules and regulations of donors in all finance related issues.
3. Make sure preparation and submission of financial reports and statements.
4. Monitor budget utilization and provide budget comparison reports with analysis for unfavorable variances.
5. Guide, supervise and build the capacity of finance department staff.
Internal control and Reporting:
6. Verify the completeness and accuracy of disbursement and liquidation documents before approval and data entry.
7. Ensures that relevant memos, letters or invoices are prepared and sent to concerned offices with regard to liquidations, settlement and payments.
8. Edit and validate Sun System entries to ensure proper recording of all vouchers and posting the transaction.
9. Prepare ageing reports of accounts receivables monthly and explain the effort going on and the causes for delay in liquidation.
10. Follow up the liquidation of travel advances, short-term operating advances, vendor advances and employee advances within the policy deadlines stipulated in the accounting policies and procedures of the Organization. Ascertain that all such un-liquidated advances are deducted from payroll.
11. Work with project accountants and program managers to clear outstanding project advances.
12. Perform account analysis and reconciliation. Take appropriate actions to clear discrepancies.
13. Ascertain the settlement of tax and other liabilities to government offices and other creditors within the deadlines provided legally.
14. Check monthly payrolls and make sure that tax and other legal obligations are computed in accordance with the government laws and regulations.
15. Ensure that time sheets of staff are correct and are in compliance with the Effort Reporting requirement of Organization and USG rules.
16. Verify monthly bank reconciliations. Oversee timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account reconciliations and subsequent clearance of reconciling items.
17. Review the cash position statements and propose wire transfer requests to ensure the availability of adequate cash to cover project and administrative expenses.
18. Monitor the bidding process for sales of US dollar and advise putting bids timely to avoid any cash shortfall.
19. Examine and check intra-agency files before posting to Sun System and take actions to correct suspense files.
20. Review accounts balances in Sun System and take actions to clear errors and follow up outstanding issues.
21. Conduct the month end and year end closing of accounts in Sun System and submit the report to Organization’s Headquarters.
22. Prepare year end finance schedules.
23. Maintain up to date knowledge of local laws related to finance (payroll, tax payments, social security).
24. Keep record of fixed assets worth more than $ 5,000 and regularly reconcile with the amount charged to Sun System. Prepare Fixed Asset quarterly report and submit to Organization’s headquarters. Prepare Fixed Asset Notification form (FAN) for newly acquired fixed assets.
25. Maintain an organizational relationship with banking management, partners, auditors, etc.
Budget and cost allocation:
26. Actively participate in the preparation of Annual Program Plan (APP)/annual budget.
27. Upload APP and budget amendments to Sun System.
28. Prepare monthly budget comparison reports. Analyze budget versus actual expenditures and recommend possible corrective actions.
29. Review budget utilization of various projects. Ascertain expenditures are within approved budget flexibility limits. Recommend remedial actions for adverse variances.
30. Monitor grants expiration dates and ensure that all balance sheet items are fully reconciled and liquidated in Sun Systems to facilitate the grant closure process.
31. Review budget for newly developed projects and assist program staff in setting up budgets for cost allocation.
32. Review the implementation of cost allocation system and recommend appropriate measures for noted irregularities.
33. Communicate relevant staff and departments in order to up date information for cost allocation bases like changes in square meters occupied by program, vehicle log sheets, and composition of direct-direct costs.
34. Advise program managers with regard to the adequacy of budget provision for cost allocation and provide up to date data on projects with budget for cost allocation to staff in-charge of vehicle mileage records.
35. Conduct the monthly cost allocation process and ensure its correctness.
Capacity building and supervision:
36. Evaluate and coach subordinates based on agreed upon performance plan. Handle employee complaints and problems of subordinates.
37. Provide guidance to sub office finance staff to help them comply with policies and procedures.
38. Assign project accountants for their filed visits and review their field visit reports. Follow up the status of findings, recommendations and improvements noted on field visits. Devise better ways to alleviate identified weakness on partners accounting and internal control systems.
39. Arrange visits to partners and Organization’s sub offices in order to provide on-the-job training on Organization’s accounting procedures and donor requirements.
40. Develop a training secessions to finance and program to make them familiar with Organization’s policies and procedures.
Audit and others:
41. Prepare financial statement and required schedules to internal and external auditors.
42. Provide explanation on queries raised by internal and external auditors. Assist in preparation of management response for auditors findings and implementation of audit recommendations.
43. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION: Disbursement and Project Accountants
|• University degree in accounting,
• OCPAH member and audit experience a plus,
• Minimum five years experience in a similar position or progressively more responsible positions proving strong practical knowledge of accounting principles and sound financial management;
• Knowledge of SUN System and Vision required;
• Experience in the financial management of USG grants;
• Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and meet deadlines;
• Proven initiative and ability to work independently;
• Excellent written and spoken French and English.
NOTE: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
|Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...
|Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae with a cover letter, and copy of certificates in a sealed envelope with the mention of FIN-GAM-0309 to the Human Resources Department, before March 31, 2009